Friday, February 3, 2017

Kawaii Mermaid Sugar Cookie Pattern Charm

I finally decided to turn another forgotten sketch to life. I had this little drawing laying for ages in between the pages of my sketch book and I'm so happy how it finally looks like in felt. I was so tempted to create a mermaid but somehow I just couldn't get the finalize drawing right.. I suck big time on drawing arms and hands but I'm pretty pleased with the results ( Simple is often the key!)!
Also, I wanted to create something more challenging and different so this time, my little sugar cookies are now a little bit more realistic! That strip of felt to add the height of the cookie makes such difference! It's a bit challenging, as mentioned, as you need a good hand control on your stitches but once you get a hang of it, you can add this technique onto any of my other cookie patterns ( not to mention that It's pretty addicting too!).




To add that height in my sugar cookies, I used polyester quilt batting from Daiso. It comes in a 75 cm x 80 cm sheet for 15MOP (SGD $2) and It's super soft and light weight! I love using the batting, instead of using the regular polyfil, because of how it can keep the shape of the cookie. You can use polyfil as well, but it will be harder to control and maintain the shape. 

So are you ready to take up a little fun challenge? 
You can find the pattern here.

Well, I'll leave you guys for now and i'm off to my little magic corner and create more magical stuff for you all! Hope you enjoy making this tiny mermaid and I hope you'll love carrying her around with you <3





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!